Now we had a bit of a lay in this morning as we were both tired. Joe slept a bit longer than me (till 11.30) but I caught up with the blog and my book which i’ve neglected the last few days. So all was good! We have tonight and one more night booked on this beautiful island so I am determined to make the most of it and see everything… LETS GO…
We hired a moped but the roads were not my favourite thing ever, it was more off roading than the casual adventure I had in mind. Any way we went up to one of the view points and saw this beautiful view and enjoyed a much needed beer of course.
We also headed back to the pool we so much love, Joe enjoyed reading his new found book and I nursed my poorly toe from ill fitting fins and had a leisurely swim.
We spent our second day around exploring the best places to eat. We did stumble across a place that does all you can eat pizza but opted for a cheaper local option. Day 2 spent relaxing. We booked our boat for the next night so this is officially our last night on the island. I really wanted to go and see the lady boy cabaret but Joe was unsure. After a few glasses of whiskey I managed to convince him and we got a taxi into town.
The night started with a few more drinks in a bar and an intense game of connect 4. I beat Joe 8/10 times and he was not happy.
Joe got so drunk he let me put his hair in a man bun and kept it up all night haha, to be fair I think he forgot it was like that until we got home. We arrived at the lady boy cabaret in good time and sat with two lads from leeds who were a good laugh. Safe to say it was a load of shit. Barry Sparkle from Tenerife is 10 times better. But we all had a laugh and it was a good night. I think Joe enjoyed it more than me!
We got a lift back with the two lads from Leeds who had rented dirt bikes and went to bed ready to leave tomorrow We’ve thoroughly enjoyed Koh Tao and may even return. We get the night boat tonight which will be an experience. And then head to Phuket where we’ve arranged a little treat for ourselves… but i’ll keep you posted on that in good time.
New Years Resolution update:
17.03.2017 (Week 11 of challenge) Books Read:
- A Dance With Dragons 1: Dreams And Dust – George R. R. Martin
- A Dance With Dragons 2: After The Feast – George R. R. Martin
- Far From The Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
- Comfort food – Kitty Thomas
- Mark One – John Hindmarsh (must read sequel at some point)
- Girl Undone – Marla Madison
- The Sick House – Ambrose Ibsen
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- On The Road – Jack Kerouac
- Survivor The Triumph Of An Ordinary Man In the Khmer Rouge Genocide – Chum Mey
- The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules – Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
- Bone Pit: A Chilling Medical Suspense Thriller – Bette Golden Lamb and J. J. Lamb
- Sabotage – Dale Wiley
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
Status: THREE WEEKS AHEAD