So we waved goodbye to Phi Phi and headed back to Phuket to spend one last night with papa Dre. The boat journey was uneventful and we arrived at our hotel with no problems. Dad got himself all checked in and we headed off to our room. You know the hotel is big when they drive your bags to the room this place is enormous.
Details can be found here…
The room was beautiful and we soon got ourselves settled in and freshened up.
We headed downstairs to eat at the hotel as it was pouring with rain and we had little idea of where we were. The food was lovely and I only had a bowl of chips. Papa Dre ordered himself a Detoxing smoothing and an energising smoothie, which the waitress found hilarious. Joe ordered a crab sandwich but somehow ended up with a club sandwich, he enjoyed it anyway.
We went to one of the hotels 5 swimming pool and lounged around all afternoon.
In the evening we headed down to Karon and spent some time in a sports bar as the boys discovered that the football was on. GREAT. A live band started and they were dreadful so we moved on to get some food. I’d spotted a steak house and decided on that. We had a delicious meal and a few more drinks accompanied by a better band and more football. We said our goodbyes to Papa Dre as he flys at 7am tomorrow and we’re not getting up at 3am to wave him off!! Thank you very much for coming it has been a pleasure and i’m sure we shall see you again somewhere soon.
Joe and I had a lie in the next morning and enjoyed some champagne and our breakfast buffet both of which were delicious. The rain was setting in again so we spent most of the day relaxing and I made the most out of the bath.
We walked into town and looked at some travel options. It seems as though flying is our best bet so tomorrow we fly at 6.15am to Cambodia to explore Siem Reap a little more!
Thank you for reading much love P X
New Years Resolution update:
02.04.2017 (Week 14 of challenge) Books Read:
- A Dance With Dragons 1: Dreams And Dust – George R. R. Martin
- A Dance With Dragons 2: After The Feast – George R. R. Martin
- Far From The Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
- Comfort food – Kitty Thomas
- Mark One – John Hindmarsh (must read sequel at some point)
- Girl Undone – Marla Madison
- The Sick House – Ambrose Ibsen
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- On The Road – Jack Kerouac
- Survivor The Triumph Of An Ordinary Man In The Khmer Rouge Genocide – Chum Mey
- The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules – Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
- Bone Pit: A Chilling Medical Suspense Thriller – Bette Golden Lamb and J. J. Lamb
- Sabotage – Dale Wiley
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- **Currently 100 pages into War And Peace so might take a while***
Status: ON TARGET