So we jumped on our night bus and waved goodbye to Cambodia… we did very nearly miss the bus but neither of us were very bothered and we eventually managed to get there in time. After some emotional goodbyes to the Jack and Daniels crew. The bus was a nightmare. It was actually very comfy compared to some with proper mattress so we got a good sleep. It broke down at leat twice I stopped counting and then someone drove into us. So we arrived at the border very delayed… the border crossing took at least 2 hours. We ditched the second half of our bus trip in favour of a taxi with Bec and Ben who we’d met along the way. I think our taxi driver was the slowest taxi driver in the whole world but we made it back to Koh San Road! Wahooo. It went from bad to worse when we realised joes bag had been left in the Taxi… containing the laptop, phone charger all our credit and debit cards and both the passports. Joe ran down the road like Usain Bolt and somehow caught up with the taxi! FEW. We showered and enjoyed a few beers with Ben and Bec before a relatively early night.
The next day I had a real treat in store for Joe! I’d seen it on Facebook and was desperate to go to the unicorn cafe. It must be my birthday as Joe agreed and off we headed! it was so magical. We got to dress up in unicorn onesies and drink unicorn drinks and eat unicorn carbonara. Totally magical! I want to go back every single day!
We headed back and I got my hair tidied up….
And then did a spot of shopping…
Asia has been magical! I’ll do a proper post later with our highlights. 215 days of partying, meeting ace people and seeing all the corners of 4 beautiful countries. I wish I could do it all over again but we are very excited for our next leg of the journey and New Zealand!!! Love to you all. Thankyou so much for reading!
New Years Resolution update:
01.05.2017 (Week 18 of challenge) Books Read:
- A Dance With Dragons 1: Dreams And Dust – George R. R. Martin
- A Dance With Dragons 2: After The Feast – George R. R. Martin
- Far From The Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
- Comfort food – Kitty Thomas
- Mark One – John Hindmarsh (must read sequel at some point)
- Girl Undone – Marla Madison
- The Sick House – Ambrose Ibsen
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- On The Road – Jack Kerouac
- Survivor The Triumph Of An Ordinary Man In The Khmer Rouge Genocide – Chum Mey
- The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules – Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
- Bone Pit: A Chilling Medical Suspense Thriller – Bette Golden Lamb and J. J. Lamb
- Sabotage – Dale Wiley
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- First They Killed My Father – Loung Ung
- Lucky Child – Loung Ung
- War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy (Among others still a work in progress but I am making progress!)
Status: STILL TWO WEEKS BEHIND